Wednesday, January 19, 2005

First Day

Well, actually yesterday was the first day of the semester, but today was my first day back. This morning, my friend Sarah and I met and went swimming. A full mile, which is 35 laps (not the previously mentioned 33). And, I am now exhausted. I hope I get into better shape quickly, because I can't afford to be this tired all the time.

Since I am TAing for a class, I must go to all the lectures, in addition to the 4 discussion sections I teach. The first lecture was today. Let's just say, that as of this morning, I still had not received a syllabus. I met with a different professor yesterday who referred to the professor I'm TAing for as a dingbat. He also said it's a good thing I've got it together. This makes me very nervous, because it doesn't appear that she's a very good lecturer, and that she also wants to slightly micro-manage MY classes. There might be some problems, but I'll figure something out.

I'm taking two "classes" this semester. One of them meets tomorrow, and the other is an independent reading class, so we meet whenever we both can meet (and I've actually done some work). I'm also working (slowly) on my pre-lim list. Therefore, I will be very busy this semester, but I must admit, I'm much happier in school.

I guess that's about it for now. I'm going to drag my ass to the couch and highlight the syllabus I finally got and organize myself for the next week. Good luck to all of you who also started school this week. May we all be bright, alert and cheerful on little sleep.

Stacia

No comments: