Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Christmas update

or, it's been enough time, I can finally discuss it.

But, before that, I am so excited because I am going to go visit my cousin Amanda in a couple of weeks. I can't wait to see her (oh, yeah, my other family too!). We haven't seen each other in ages, and there's always other people around. Maybe we'll get some girl time to just talk and bitch about relationships.

Ok, back to Christmas. First, the good stuff. My nephew, Phoenix, is amazing. He's 16 months old, and it was absolutely mind-boggling what he learned in just the one week I visited. When I got there, he could walk, but looked a little like I used to on Saturday night (when I used to have a social life). He ALWAYS crawled to a wall to stand up. By the end of the week, he was trying (unsuccessfully) to RUN! And, the last day I was there, the little man tried to stand up in the MIDDLE OF THE ROOM! I don't think he even knew he hadn't crawled to a wall. He fell right away, but just the fact that he tried amazed me. He is starting to look like a little boy, but he's only 28 inches tall. Corinne is very short, and Craig isn't that tall for a guy, so Phoenix might be doomed to shortdom. But he'll be very cute. His hair is a silver-blond, and he has Corinne's grey eyes. I was really hoping he would get Craig's beautiful sea-blue eyes, but doesn't look like it. He can do a number of other baby things, and he has dimples. He's just really cute, but a little fussy (much like my brother at that age). Just wish I saw him more often.

As for gifts, I made out all right. I got a DVD player and hopefully, if mom and dad shipped when they said they did, I'll get it before this weekend. I got four cookbooks, and two other books to boot, so my luggage coming home was very heavy! Camille got me a beautiful photo-album. I'm going to put my Germany (Summer 2003) pictures in it, probably tonight. My aunt made me this denim purse which would be great if 1) I was 10, 2) it was the 80's, or 3) I was white trash. But none of these is true. And by denim, I mean she cut a pair of jeans at the crotch and made the top half a purse, complete with red bandana belt and straps! I told my parents not to bother to ship that. Overall I was very happy with my gifts.

Other delightful Christmas news: My sister's boyfriend got her a ring for Christmas. I guess he got it just because "he loves me." Now, I am of the opinion of my cousin, who stated that promise rings are like putting your girlfriend on layaway. And my sister is barely 18, and they have been dating less than 6 months. So, like my parents, I was not too pleased about this gift. But, I do like her boyfriend, and it was a beautiful ring. I kept my opinion to myself (and for those of you who know me, you know that was hard to do!). Andrea's man finally proposed. Their anniversary is on January 1st, and last year (their third anniversary) she gave him a one year ultimatum about proposing. He may have waited until the last minute, but he bought the ring before she gave him the ultimatum. He said every time he planned to propose, something happened. The ring is beautiful. Andrea is happy. EXCEPT, she is convinced Wes and I are dating. Which we are not. She can believe what she wants. Neither Wes nor I is willing to do the long distance thing.

Finally, when I got home, there were 5 hang up calls on my answering machine from a blocked call. Anyone want to venture any guesses? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I know who it was, and all I can say, I'm glad he hasn't called since I've been home.

that's it, thanks for stopping by, have a great year,
Stacia

1 comment:

Beth said...

Okay! That does it! I love your blog! I'm adding you to my blogroll, okay?