Clarity asking for 5 random facts got me thinking. So I decided to do a random facts blog. I'm not sure how many, but they will all have to do with me or my family.
1. The only time I was in the town where I was born, was when I was born.
2. my biological father never visited me or my mom in the hospital.
3. They were divorced before I was born.
4. When I was three, my mom remarried and her new husband adopted me. For that, I am eternally grateful.
5. I am the oldest of three. My brother is 26 and my sister is 19.
6. I also have two sisters I have never met and who probably don't know I exist.
7. My brother and I hated each other growing up.
8. The first thing I ever bought with my own money was the Laura Ingalls Wilder book set.
9. I still have them.
10. I've lived in Las Vegas NV for a total of 7 years. We moved to TX when I was 13.
11. The man who lived behind us in Las Vegas was arrested for kidnapping, raping and attempted murder of a 10 year old neighborhood girl.
12. I hate Dallas TX.
13. Someone there actually asked me if I had been a stripper in Las Vegas. As stated previously, I was 13 when we moved away.
14. Growing up, I thought if I was bad, my parents wouldn't love me anymore.
15. Then my brother came along and I realized that parents always love you, even if they don't like you.
16. Camille and I met each other at the Christian junior highschool we went to.
17. Everyone who went to that school was a misfit.
18. I love Camille more than I love any non-family member.
19. I used to spend the night at her house and we would make brownies and eat the batter and drink big glasses of milk and just talk and laugh all night.
20. When Camille had to move away for a couple of years, I felt so lost.
21. I was 15 when I got my first kiss. Turned out he was a pyscho and I saw him a year and a half ago and he says he still loves me.
22. I was 20 before I had sex. It was with my future husband. It wasn't exactly consensual.
23. I met Andrea in geometry class as a sophomore in highschool.
24. I was in love with Wes as a junior in high school.
25. We never dated in high school, but everyone thought we did.
26. I never went to prom.
27. I hated high school.
28. I grew up in Church. I still go to Church.
29. I tithe.
30. I believe in God and Jesus. I believe people who tell other people they're going to hell because they don't believe, or because of their lifestyle, will go to hell themselves.
31. I love to swim.
32. I wish I had continued playing piano.
33. I dated Charley in highschool.
34. I loved college.
35. I had a professor ask me to sleep with him.
36. I said no.
37. I got married when I was 21.
38. I got divorced when I was 23.
39. I am a domestic abuse survivor.
40. I've been divorced almost 8 years: it seems like it happened to someone else.
41. I cheated on my husband.
42. My brother is a recovering drug addict.
43. He's been clean 4 years.
44. He has a beautiful son.
45. My brother used to be a professional body piercer.
46. I have 15 piercings: 13 in my ears and two in my belly button. My brother did one of them.
47. My sister is beautiful.
48. She's a ballet dancer.
49. My parents are still married and still in love.
50. My grandparents are my heroes.
51. Blue is my favorite color.
52. Four is my favorite color.
53. M is my favorite letter.
54. My couch and loveseat are red.
55. I love to read.
56. I have 8 full bookshelves and I still have more books under the bed.
57. I think Charley is one of the sexiest men ever.
58. I'd rather have sex with Wes.
59. I love photography.
60. Wes has a growing collection of pornographic photos of me.
61. I love to laugh.
62. I have chronic mild depression.
63. My brother has societal anxiety order.
64. My sister seems to be ok.
65. I love music.
66. I love to cook.
67. My mom is one of my best friends
68. I never thought I'd get married again.
69. Christmas is my favorite holiday.
70. I've been in college for 11 years.
71. I have a bachelor's degree in history/English lit. and two master's degrees, both in Modern European history.
72. I wish I were better with foreign languages.
73. I am five foot five and weigh 120 lbs.
74. I've never weighed this much before.
75. I'm 31 years old.
76. I feel like I'm sexier now than I've ever been in my life.
77. I will be friends with Camille and Andrea until I die.
78. I want to visit ever country in the world, but will settle for every continent.
79. I like to try new things, but I'm also afraid of looking stupid and having people laugh at me.
80. Wes is good at getting me out of this shell.
81. I once got expelled from school for stealing a car (not nearly as exciting as it sounds).
82. Sometimes, since I've known that I wanted to be a professor since I was 15, I feel like my life has been predetermined, and hence, boring.
83. I can't imagine doing anything else.
84. I want to help other people.
85. I love to teach.
86. I still get crushes on various professors.
87. I feel like I will never be as smart as other graduate students.
88. I found out, they feel the same way.
89. I love to play games, like trivia pursuit and risk.
90. My family hates playing those games with me, because I always win.
91. I think both my brother and sister are smarter than me, just in a different way.
92. I honestly think my parents did the very best job they could have.
93. I had never drank alcohol until I got divorced: I never done drugs, not even pot.
94. Now I have to be careful when I drink.
95. I love birds, they make me happy.
96. I don't like to watch TV.
97. I'm a voyeur, which is why I like to read other people's blogs.
98. I think hair is to experiment with.
99. I was 27 before I felt like an "adult."
100. I love who I am.
ok, I guess that's enough. I'm really just trying to put off cleaning my apartment and doing homework. I hope everyone learned something interesting today and that people are happy and not stressed out.