Friday, December 02, 2005

Fun filled weekend

of homework and cleaning house. Who wants to join me? Yeah, that's what I thought. I feel like crap too, so everything is going to go really, really slowly. I'm going to have to read everything three times for it to make sense. And my advisor can really piss me off sometimes. She totally forgets crap she's told me (and not just me; she does it to Sean too). So now, I have to do some crap for her that I wasn't expecting to do. And I'm going to have to do it over Christmas because I don't really have time to do it before then. Although, my schedule doesn't look as bad as it could. Tomorrow, I have a birthday/Christmas party to go to. Next week, Wed. I have a paper presentation to introduce. Next Friday, the students papers are due. Next Saturday, a cookie exchange. Then the 14th and 15th, review sessions for the kids. And the final the 17th, which I have to grade before I leave for home on the 19th. And I am going to schedule a girl's night out for a few of us before I leave too. So not too bad.

I don't know what is wrong with me. I originally thought it was just winter sniffles. I mean, it did finally snow. But then, I hurt my arm on Wednesday. No, I don't know how. I thought I had pulled something when I went swimming, but when I woke up today, all the lymph nodes on the right side of my body were swollen and my arm really hurt. I tried to go swimming, because it reduces stress, but I only managed to swim about 1/3 of what I normally would. I've got this great and highly sexy drainage thing going on too. I stopped at the store to pick some stuff up so hopefully I can have a productive weekend.

My ring has been sold. Now, Wes told me he had contacted them about the ring, but he wouldn't tell me if he had bought it or not. So I'm really hoping he did. I guess I'll find out in a couple of weeks when I get to see him again. He's going to meet my family!!! I'm going to send him golfing with my dad. I'm very excited about them meeting my parents because they have never, ever liked anyone I have dated, including my ex-husband (about whom they were right). But I really think they'll like Wes. Why, let me list the ways, especially those in contrast to former flames. 1) He doesn't have a drug or alcohol problem, 2) he has a career and a job, 3) he has a college degree, and he is furthering his education as we speak, 4) he grew up in church and wants to start going again, 5) he already has 2 kids and he wants more, 6) he's very close with his family, 7) he's musically inclined, 8) he's very funny, 9) he likes to play games (a must in my family), 10) he loves me very much and treats me very good. And if they don't like him, well, then I just give up.

ok, I'm going to grab something to eat and then start on the Friday Night Homework. I thought capitalizing it would make it sound more interesting, but it doesn't. Also, I think I might post my pre-lim lists for you all to see how much I'm expected to know to get my Ph.D. Then you might actually think I'm smart!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

they'll love him. don't worry.

fabulous ring you picked out there missy.

hope you feel better soon!

oh, i don't know why but my yahoo is acting all funky and won't let me reply to emails, so that's why i haven't responded to your comments. i'll see if i can fix that over the weekend.