Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Advising

I have a meeting with my advisor today concerning the paper I've been working on (I'd say writing, but I haven't actually begun writing it yet). My advisor and I have not seen eye to eye on several other things concerning my academic career and I'm a bit worried that she will reject my paper idea again (even though she was the one who first suggested it, again). If this happens, again, I really don't know what I would do. If my advisor is determined that I never finish, then why bother wasting any more time and student loans on my education? I have nothing holding me here and I'm not moving back to Dallas. I would probably try to get a job in Moscow for a couple of years. That would certainly help my proficiency with Russian and I could travel quite a bit in the former USSR lands. And I could adopt a couple of kids too. Sounds like a great situation to me. Anyway, I need to go prepare for my meeting. Sometimes she reduces me to a blubbering mass of stuff.

On another note, I'm going to make a doctor's appointment to see if I can get a prescription of Zoloft. I thought I was keeping on top of everything, but evidently the dark dog has returned.
Stacia

No comments: