Tuesday, July 13, 2004

911

The meeting with my advisor went very well, I was very pleased. She still expects me to be her TA this fall which means she thinks I'm good enough to finish my paper. I now have a topic and I just have to pull it together. Considering how much stuff I pull out of my ass for school, you'd think it would be bigger.

Meanwhile, I finished Margaret Atwood's The Blind Assassin. It was a good book, but I don't think it has quite the depth of her earlier works, such as Cat's Eye or Surfacing. It was still good though. As I finished this book and began doing more research for my paper, I heard something outside and stepped out to look. Oh goody, there's a man lying on the ground and some people are kicking him in the head. How pleasant. So I called 911. Thankfully others had called as well (those who knew both parties) so although I had to make a statement, I didn't have to identify anyone and they won't need me for anything else. So hopefully, that's the end of that.

Stacia

No comments: