Friday, September 29, 2006

Excuse me while my head explodes

I am a headache sufferer. Usually they are tension headaches, caused by the tension in my back and neck from reading and doing research. Occasionally I'll also have a sinus headache. Every now and then, I'll have a migraine. I actually saw a doctor about my tension headaches several years ago. She said I needed a weekly massage, but since I was a poor graduate student, that wasn't going to happen. Since I've moved to VA, my poor little head has exploded. Often I have a tension AND a sinus headache at the same time. The only time I've been to a doctor here, I asked her about allergy medication (to prevent those sinus headaches) because I had gotten the best known OTC allergy medication and it didn't work. She looked at me and said that was best on the market. Yeah, that's what she said (she also wasn't a doctor but a RN (I think that's right)). Since getting sick two weeks ago, I have had killer headaches everyday. I quit taking stuff for them because taking too much stuff can cause headaches. And now, I've had a migraine headache, with vision block in my left eye, for the past three days. Wes wants me to go to the doctor RIGHT NOW and DEMAND some sort of treatment. I hate taking medication though. So, what do I do? I read something on msn webmd about an herb I can take to prevent migraines, but now I can't find it. I should also add that every since I moved to VA my gums won't quit bleeding. Yes, I floss and brush. Ok, I floss at least once a week, but since moving here, usually three times a week. And I don't just mean bleeding near my teeth, I mean my gums are splitting from top to bottom. It's very painful. If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know. Meanwhile, I'm going to be going around my house and collecting the various pieces of my brain that went flying when it exploded.

1 comment:

Bart's Camille said...

sign me up for a weekly massage too... if we were only made of money, huh?

sorry your head is bothering you so much - get a new doctor!!

love ya...
camille