Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Congress of Vienna

I'm currently grading mid-terms. They are so much fun. I am so excited about this. I wish you could actually hear the unbridled joy in my voice. And for those who don't know, that is utter sarcasm. (A lot of people have a hard time with my sense of humor, because if you were here to hear my voice, you would detect absolutely no change in it: you just have to know me). Anyway, did you know the Congress of Vienna was held in France? You learn so much grading student stuff. That's ok. Last week, they had a map quiz, and more than 60% of them mid-identified Berlin Germany. I hope they never get lost in Europe (probably the States too).

Yesterday I had my Russian reading exam. I don't know how I did yet. She said she would e-mail me in a couple of days. Russian is tricky because it has no articles and it doesn't have the verb "is". Therefore, you usually translate and then go back and "clean up." I didn't have time to clean everything up, but I understood what was going on, so I hope I did ok. I forgot to ask her about funding for this summer though. If I'm not getting funding to go to Russia, then I'm going to move to be with my husband sooner. When she e-mails me about the exam I'll ask her then.

Half of my flowers haven't bloomed yet. I leave on Friday for a week. But, there are a total of 9 lilies and almost five are open. They're beautiful. I think I'm allergic to them. I can't breath. Don't tell my husband though. Also, this is a great country. Today, from the comfort on my own house, I requested to have my mail held. Isn't that great! I didn't even have to shower!

Ok, I have about 4 more hours of homework I want to get done tonight, and it's already 8:15p. Just ask Camille, I'm not a night person, and I'm usually in bed by 10:30p. But, since I'm leaving on Friday, I have to get all this crap done. Oh, I meant all this highly intellectual reading and writing. And, tomorrow is my mom's birthday and I forgot to send her a card, although she already found her birthday present that I left there at Christmas time. I hope she likes them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hope you have a great trip!