Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Raw Youth

Started the book by Dostoevsky last night. The man is brilliant. If I could write half as well as he did, I would be a successful professional writer. His insight into the human mind and emotions is amazing. The main character makes this great statement at the beginning of the book. "Why is it, then, that what an intelligent man manages to express is much more stupid than what remains in him unexpressed?" I know I have this problem, but I doubt it was one that plagued Dostoevsky.

For those of you who don't know, Bart's Camille is my best friend and if you keep up with her blog, you know that her and Bart have been on the quest of trying to conceive. It looks as if this endeavor has been successful. I'm very happy for them and excited. Camille is already a wonderful mom and Bart is a great stepdad. I am confident that he will make a wonderful dad while continuing to remain a great stepdad. Yet, I am a bit sad that my best friend is in a place in life that I am not even close to obtaining. Camille has a great marriage and is in a place where she can have another kid. I haven't even had a relationship in 4 years (yeah, I've dated, but nothing worth writing about). It's not that I want what she has right now, but someday, that would be nice. I guess everyone just has their own timetable and mine is moving a bit slower. So for now, I'll just live through Bart's Camille.

Stacia

1 comment:

Bart's Camille said...

Your time will come for the whole family thing. I know it. The funniest part about your post is that you have no idea how many times I wished to be in your position. I guess the grass is always greener on the other side huh Stacia? Love you...

Camille