Saturday, April 18, 2009

Getting it back

Everything changes when you have a baby. It's such a cliche, but oh, so true too. Since I'm a SAHM (stay-at-home-mom), I figured I would still have plenty of time for myself. I mean, I understand why Camille's middle child was three before she got to read a book again, she worked full time. HAHAHAHAHAHAAH!!!! I am so naive! Every time we get into a schedule, where I think I can start doing stuff again, guess what? Someone decides to change the schedule without consulting me first. My reading has definitely suffered. I am currently reading a stack of books, but now they have names like Super Baby Food and What to expect the first year. I had been keeping up with my magazine reading because I could do that while I was breastfeeding. Then someone became curious about everything. And magazine pages make incredibly interesting noises. Needless to say, I just finished all my magazines from the month of March. However, as she gets bigger, she is happy if I just sit next to her while she plays. So there is hope. At least I hope there's hope. I have several crochet projects I want to finish/start. And really, that's about it for my goals of doing non-baby related stuff. The Navy Bean loves to be outdoors, so I'm sure we'll be spending at least one afternoon a week at the botanical gardens, but who knows how much bird watching I'll get done. This is not really where I expected my life to be. But I wouldn't change it for the world.

Worth every minute of my time.

No comments: