Saturday, April 11, 2009

Five months old

My baby is five months old today. I can't believe how big she has gotten and how much stuff she has learned. I still look at her and wonder what in the world I could have done to deserve such an amazing gift. She fills me with joy and I love her so much more than I ever thought I could love. I can't imagine life without her.

She is becoming so aware of everything around her. If I get a drink, she wants some too. If someone is talking across the room, she has to figure out who it is, even if she's eating.



Yummy toes. They're as good as mommy said they were.
She has discovered her toes. She has also discovered her thumbs, which she often puts in her mouth at the same time. I think this has something to do with having Texas blood. You know, the double fisted bubba law. She now pats me on the cheek and hugs me. She loves being kissed all over. She has a beautiful laugh and often adds a cough to her laugh and cry, just for emphasis.




Look, I'm Santa Claus!

She has a great sense of humor. She loves to sing and dance and move around. She doesn't hate tummy time as much, because she rolls over now. She also pushes herself with her toes. This has me a little worried. Slow down, Navy Bean!


She is trying new foods, like avocado (which she's not sure if she likes). Wes made the mistake of holding a bread stick out to her the other day, and she grabbed it with a vengeance, ripping it in half. However, she still gets up at least twice a night. We're working on that though.

Navy Bean I love you so much. My life would be so boring and worthless without you!



2 comments:

Bart's Camille said...

amazing isn't it? happy 5th month navy bean! kisses!

Jay said...

She's absolutely adorable, no question about it.