Tuesday, January 08, 2008

What do I do?

I'm not sure what to do about my friend (I think I'll refer to her as IQ from now on). A month ago I looked up all the different programs offered by the navy. I found several that applied to IQ. I called them, explained the situation and found out what was available. One of the men I talked to burst out, "what the hell? Why would a naval officer marry someone who can't drive, can't take care of themselves, and then get her pregnant?" My reply, "you're preaching to the choir." But I can't actually do anything for her though. I gave her the numbers and when I pick her up from the airport this week, I'm going to remind her to call them. Wes told me that I would need to clean her place up before she called, because they do home visits. I told him that it would be better if I didn't clean up the place first, because maybe she would listen to someone professional who could take her baby away. But either way, I'm not cleaning her place for her. I'm not going to clean the litter box once she's home. I'll try to help her get organized, but I can't do it if she doesn't want to bother. It really bothers me, but I'm going to try not to get stressed out about the situation. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Beth said...

I'm curious as to why you've taken such an interest in IQ? Is it because you are worried about the baby (if so, I don't blame you!). I hope she manages to find a program that will help her!