Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Functionality

Due to the massive shredding that the Navy Bean did when she was born, Wes and I have not, um, been intimate since her birth. We were both fine with that at the beginning. He had to erase the visual of all that shredding and I had to heal. Only, I didn't heal right and the doctor didn't ok us to resume relations at my 6 week mark. I didn't end up having my lady bits cauterized, because I healed on my own, but they did do a minor procedure. They told me I should be ok to resume relations this Friday. Wes is counting down the minutes. Thankfully he is not here during the week, only the weekends, so it hasn't been quite as hard (HA!) to wait as it could have been. Me, however, that's a different story.

It's not that I don't want to have sex with my husband. It's just that having a baby has reminded that all the sexy parts, they also have functional purposes as well. The last thing I had in my vagina was the Navy Bean. If I dry my boobs off after a shower, they leak. Neither one of those things makes me think of, or desire, sex. And, after all that shredding, I am a little nervous too. So, I'm going to fake feeling like a sexual being again, and hope that my body is quickly reminded of how much fun sex can be. Maybe all it needs is a little reminder.

3 comments:

Bart's Camille said...

after 3 kids - trust me - you just fake it until you make it. it's normal. you will get back to being a sexual being - no worries!

tbooty said...

i feel for you girl. i just hope that i don't meet the same fate after this little bean makes it's appearance in august. as it is, poor vrock barely gets any attention because i'm just so damn tired all the time! poor guy! hope you get back in the swing of things soon!

Unknown said...

Well....good luck with that...lol...