Thursday, October 02, 2008

Utter nonsense

Well, the rental car thing is done. Not exactly what we were looking for, but at least we have one reserved. I don't have to worry about it anymore. YAY!!!

The doctor (my regular doctor, who I saw yesterday) says my baby is going to be fat!!! My baby is not going to be fat! She is going to be squishy and edible and have huge chipmunk cheeks!

Which leaves us with the continuing saga of the Heroscape game! Let's see, where were we. Oh yes, no one at Hasbro knew what was going on. Tuesday afternoon another person called me (not the same person as any of the other times). He informs me the game has already been shipped so they cannot send it priority mail, but since I live in Virginia, and this game is being shipped from the Virginia distribution center, it should be here quicker than the 8 to 10 business days. Can you guarantee that? Um, no, but there's a pretty good chance that it will happen. Really, well, can you tell me what happened to the other game then? Um, no. Ok then. This is what I am going to do. I am going to order another game off of Amazon and I will send your game back and I expect a full refund. Ok, you can do that. Thank you and good-bye.

So I ordered the game off of Amazon. Their standard shipping is only 3 to 5 business days, and I actually paid less than buying direct. Their game shipped the very next morning (not the 2 to 3 days later that Hasbro did). Then today, the doorbell rang, and it was a Heroscape game. From Hasboro. I think it was the first game, since I got it only two days after it shipped, and it said it came from Pennsylvania. We may end up with 3 games. Does anyone need a Heroscape Master set?

3 comments:

tbooty said...

what a pain in the arse! at least you have ONE game for when he gets there. and now that you have that one? the other 2 will show up by monday. murphy's law.

? said...

Hello,

I'm glad I came by this blog and from reading it suddenly there is a feeling of vastness, of connection, and I dissolve into it. What an interesting post. I want to believe you have just gained yourself a reader or follower in the parlance of blogging.

Also, I see you are a salmon rushdie fan as well. I'm reading presently one of his books, the satanic verses, have you completed it and what do you think of it?

I would like to return here if you do feel a counter visit is worth a bit of your time considering our individual deadlines?

My compliments.

chesneygirl said...

If I knew what Heroscape was... I might be interested! :)

Glad you got the game in time tho!