Monday, July 05, 2010

Here's the list

I'm not sure what he did, but my husband was able to fix the copy and paste issue. Yay Wes.
So, here's my list. I broke things up into categories to help my scatterbrained self. And I should add, I stole this from Beth (see sidebar because I'm so tech incompetent that I don't know how to link from here).


101 things in 1001 days, started July 1, 2010, end March 28, 2013

BLOG
1. update my blog once a week
2. update Navy Bean's blog twice a week

TRAVEL
3. visit Italy
4. go to New York city
5. renew my passport
6. visit a place of historical significance in VA

BIRDING
7. go to Eastern Shore for fall migration
8. do a tour of fisherman's island
9. go to Jericho's ditch (Great Dismal Swamp) during spring migration
10. go to First Landing State Park for migration
11. go to back bay for fall migration
12. go to false cape park during the spring
13. go to stumpy lake
14. go to ragged island wildlife management area
15. go to craney island landfill
16. go to the Chesapeake bay bridge tunnel islands
17. go birding in Virginia's mountains
18. go to one birding festival
19. go to one Audubon event
20. go to Indian River park
21. go to Northwest river park
22. go to Deep Creek Lock park
23. find out how to get a backyard habitat certificate
24. add 75 new birds to my list (currently at 141)
25. do the "owl prowl"
26. go on a pelagic trip

COOKING
27. make a banana cream pie
28. make a lemon meringue pie
29. make 1 vegetarian meal a week for 6 months
30. learn to make pad Thai
31. find a kickin' beer bread recipe
32. find a tofu recipe I really like
33. learn to make one Indian recipe
34. learn to make crepes
35. learn to make those Russian things I love but can't remember the name of
36. make my own salsa (with my own veggies)
37. find a Thai restaurant I like
38. try the Greek restaurant

READING
39. get a library card
40. use said library card at least twice
41. take Navy Bean to the library once a month for 6 months
42. read something by Stephen King
43. read something by Dan Brown: Angels and Demons, 7/1/10
44. read 50 books
45. read a history book about every continent
46. read a literature book by an author from every continent
47. read the New Testament
48. read the Old Testament
49. study the book of James
50. write a children's bird book
51. write a mom's devotional book

CRAFTS
52. crochet 12 baby afghans
53. crochet 3 lap afghan
54. sew master bath curtains
55. make Navy Bean a twin size quilt
56. make curtain for the downstairs bathroom

HOME AND GARDEN
57. plant a vegetable garden
58. landscape the front yard
59. paint one room without Wes's help
60. paint the guest bath
61. paint the water closet in the master bath
62. start composting
63. get a successful flower garden in the backyard
64. paint the bottom of the bar in living room

ORGANIZING
65. put calendar on dry erase board every month
66. take care of mail every Tues.
67. tag all the pictures on my computer
68. go to bed every night for a week with the dishes clean
69. organize play room bookshelves
70. e-mail people back within two weeks for 6 months
71. take care of e-mail immediately for 2 weeks (instead of once a month)
72. organize my yarn
73. organize my material
74. organize my tupper-ware cabinet

HEALTH
75. buy a bike
76. ride said bike
77. dance with Navy Bean 15 minutes everyday (for a month)
78. get gym membership (with a pool)
79. swim twice a week (after getting gym membership)
80. go kayaking
81. make a list of 100 things that make me happy
82. do push-ups every other day for 30 days
83. do a work-out video once a week for 6 months

FINANCE
84. have $5,000 in savings account at end of 1001 days
85. have furniture paid off
86. buy a new car
87. get quicken reconciled and keep it that way
88. put all money saved by using coupons into the savings account

MISC.
89. call a friend once a month for 6 months
90. volunteer once a month for 6 months
91. schedule a play-date once a month for 6 months
92. find out what I need to do to get a teaching certificate
93. decide where I want to go to get my teaching certificate
94. potty train the Navy Bean
95. start and finish a new character in Dragon Age: Origin
96. start and finish a new character in Dragon Age: Awakening
97. learn 20 phrases in Italian
98. find a hairdresser
99. send Wes a care package 5 times while he's deployed
100. find a babysitter
101. learn how to make a movie on the computer from photos

1 comment:

Beth said...

You are very ambituious! You have LOTS of challenging things to do in the next 1001 days!

I have "go to NYC" on my list too - we should totally go together!