Saturday, December 09, 2006

Napless

Today I did not take a nap!!! This is the first day I haven't taken a nap since Wes left. I feel really, really good. I'm still coughing a bit and I think I might pull out my humidifier because the air is so dry from the heat. I think I've finally kicked this thing. But I'm not going to jinx it by saying anything about feeling any sort of alive.

Today I had lunch with friends. We had a great time but sadly my friend Stephanie is leaving soon. I told her I'd come help her clean and whatever else she needs. Once she's gone, I'm pretty much on my own. The other woman we had lunch with, I really like her, but she is the captain's wife and she has a job and three kids. She also lives out in the middle of nowhere. Time to make some more friends.

Tonight I finally tackled my desk. I mailed all my library books back to UW last week (21 books), but I still had all my notes and articles and stuff concerning my dissertation proposal and I just wasn't ready to deal with it before now. I went through all the articles and put many in the recycle bin. Things like chapters from books without the author or title, double articles (I had a lot of those) and I think I found 5 different copies of my typed notes in various folders. And if I'm not doing history anymore, I definitely don't need all those women's history articles. I didn't even like those the first time around. Now one whole shelf above my desk is empty and I got rid of so much stuff I have the bottom shelf of the bookcase in the office. I think I'll be able to pull in a whole box out of the garage. I also dusted and organized and now it doesn't look that bad. I didn't feel sad getting rid of all that stuff but I didn't feel happy either. I just felt kind of indifferent.

I guess since I dusted I stirred up dust. I'm sneezing a lot. But I'm not sick anymore. NO I'M NOT!!!

1 comment:

Beth said...

M'kay, you are NOT! Got it!

Glad you at least got through some of that, Sugar.