Thursday, September 30, 2010

Better get on that

I just went over my 101 things list and it's looking kind of pathetic. I was really hoping to get a lot of the bird-watching one done at the end of Sep. beginning of Oct. because that's when fall migration is really going strong. That way, I could increase my bird count (#24) while visiting a bunch of new bird places (#7-#22). However, I believe Noah just set up shop in my backyard swamp and it's supposed to continue raining for about another week (not quite 40 days, but it's starting to feel like it, especially with the Navy Bean going stir crazy). I had been really good about calling non-family members once a month (#89), but I just realized it's the last day of Sep. and I haven't called anyone. The person I was going to call just posted on facebook that she's at the zoo with her daughter's kindergarten class. I guess it's a good think I have more than one friend! And we had a play date in Aug. (#91), but we didn't have one for Sep. But, I didn't state it had to be consecutive months, so I going to say that's OK.


I have renewed my passport (#5) and I plan on using it soon. But I can't really talk about that now (highly classified secret Navy stuff). Let's just say I am reading a new bird book. I was starting to read on a regular basis (#42-#49), but then, it happened. I got to an old favorite and realized I couldn't read it. Not because it wasn't as good as I remembered it, but because the print was too small. Someone shrunk the print in many of my books. I do have reading glasses, but they give me a headache if I wear them too long. This has discouraged me, but I need to just get over it!


As to the food: I tried the Greek restaurant (#38) and it sucked. But, I did find a recipe for perozhkis (#35) and it was great! The recipe made them appetizers and the ones I wanted were bigger, so I'll just fix that next time I made them.


I actually started a new afghan yesterday, but then the Navy Bean found it today and unravelled most of it. I'll just start it again tonight. Mostly I've just been working on playing Dragon Age (#95-96). But, I've been feeling way too lazy because of this, so it's time to get my butt in gear and get some of these things done!

No comments: