Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Do Not Try This At Home

or anywhere else either.


This would be the incorrect way to use a food processor. No, I did not put my finger in it when it was on. Regardless of how stupid my advisor thinks I am, I'm not that dumb. But, I did reach in there to remove a piece of jammed onion without removing the blade first. That was pretty stupid. And painful. And I'm really impressed with how well I type without my right index finger.

Quick update. The kids are here for the week: so far, so good. Wes will be gone by the end of the month. I had my neurologist appointment. He thinks I'm just having migraines from stress (stress, what stress) and gave me samples of an anti-depressant/anxiety drug. I can't wait until they kick in. I'm also having an MRI next week, just to make sure there's not anything else wrong. No one has called about a job yet, but that's ok. I finished a Smithsonian magazine. It was from April 2004 so I'm farther behind than I thought.

Thanks to everyone for the e-mails and calls of support. It's meant a lot to me to know that so many people care about me and don't think I'm stupid or a quitter. I have been thinking about my next move, but my husband (probably wisely) suggested I just enjoy this time for awhile before thinking about going back to school (yes, I can't stay away).

I truly have much to be thankful for. I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Bart's Camille said...

OUCH!!!!! I'm so sorry about your finger. I'll try to learn from your mistake - it sounds like something I would do. I'll give you a call tomorrow. Miss you! Happy Thanksgiving - I'm thankful for you.
Love, Camille

Beth said...

Of course you aren't dumb or a quitter! I only know you through your blog, but it's obvious that you are very intelligent and a super person... no wonder you have so many good people who care about you! As you know I'm currently on a non-voluntary break from the academic world and it is really helping me to get perspective to be away from it for a while! Enjoy your time and I'm sure it will help you make the best choice for you as to what your next move will be.

Anonymous said...

I've never seen a scarier post in my life!@!

Beth said...

IEW! Sorry, sugar!

Time for you sounds perfect. I hope you enjoy it!