Monday, August 21, 2006

Just what I needed, or I am capatavatingg

Wes was supposed to be home from work on Saturday by 4:00p. As 4:00p came and went, I became desperate to do something, anything, to get out of the house. So I decided we were skipping church on Sunday to do some hiking (next to the beach) and swimming (at the beach). Saturday night, after Wes got home (a little after 4:30p) we were going to play Diablo all night to get our fix. We were playing and his phone rang. We got real tense because we were afraid it was work, but it wasn't. It was our friend Les, who we know from TX, who also now lives here. It was his birthday and he wanted to know if we wanted to go out with him, his girl and some friends. Go out! On a Saturday night!!! Hell yes!!! I had never met his girlfriend, Marie. She is wonderful and perfect for him. Les is also Charley's best friend, so things could have been a little weird. But Les, (after drinking a little) declared that he knew we all loved Charley but that Wes and I made a much better couple. Also, Charley wasn't good enough for me anyway. So it was all good. After dinner we went to a bar and then to a dive bar with kareoke, for my husband, who was the only person there who likes kareoke. But we had a good time. And the one song Wes sang sounded really good. We had been there more than an hour when Wes and the rest of the guys went up to the bar to get something to drink. Right after they left our table, this guy, who had to be older than my dad, walked up, told me I was beautiful and he had been watching me all night and gave me this:



Other than the fact that I'm captivating, I'm not sure what it says. But it did cheer me up. And we had a great night.

Sunday was good too. We just hung out and played Diablo, took a nap, that sort of stuff. My parents are coming to visit this week and I'm very excited about that. I also think I am going to look for a part time job to get me out of the house more often. I'll let you know how that goes. I'm not ignoring anyone either, I really have been busy and I'll try to return calls and e-mails today. Hope you all have a capatavatingg week.

3 comments:

Bart's Camille said...

I've always known you were "capatavatingg". Don't need some creepy old guy to tell you that! :o) Too funny.

Clarity25 said...

I'm glad you're feeling better. I really could understand you're previous entry and I have dark times like that too. Thanks for your last note, by the way. It helped cheer me up.

The message you received from the older man in the bar is funny! The spelling had me cracking up. None the less, it still kind of feels good when someone notices you and tells you you're beautiful, isn't it? One is torn between feeling flattered and feeling uncomfortable.hehe.. but he sounded harmless

After all, He saw something in you that we all see. You ARE a beautiful person.:)

Beth said...

Wooo! Always nice to be slipped notes. Especially with your husband around. LOL Glad you had such a great time, Sugar!