Thursday, November 10, 2005

Paper hell

These papers are driving me crazy!!!! Mostly because they fall into three different categories: 1) absolutely rocks, 2) they read but don't have a clue, or 3) didn't read and don't have a clue. I don't think my professor will let me give 10 A's and 10 C's, 10 D's and 10 F's. I could be wrong though. And I have this one paper that I know the student didn't write. But I've googled the hell out of it and can't figure out where he got it from. All I know is, this is the kid who started the last paper with "history repeats itself" and this time he's using words like semblance, ephemeral, and anomie. I can guarantee he has no idea what some of these words mean. Hell, I don't know what some of these words mean.

One final funny from an American history paper:
The old west is where the livesocks used to roam. (I guess they went extinct from over-hunting).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, you are so gonna totally get fired for saying mean stuff about your students.

Bart's Camille said...

WHATEVER! I love anonymous posters. What an idiot. Must be one of your "F" students. I like the "so totally get fired" line. "Dude", very eloquently written.

Beth said...

Some of mine have gotten papers from prior students in the class before. Might try that?