Monday, July 26, 2004

Phrase of the trip. . .

Just got back from Mexico.  A great trip.  Usually on trips like these I manage to look like a lobster within 24 hours.  This one, I did get sunburned, but not enough to kill me and mostly I just tanned.  My family went to Mexico with another family from my parent's church.  Craig and Corinne got offered weed a lot, but JJ also got a very interesting offer.   It went like this, "There's snakes in the water.  Want some weed?"  Is the weed going to keep the snakes away?  Are there snakes because of the weed?  Who knows.  But, there actually were snakes in the water.  Thank God we saw them last night, otherwise Elise would never have got back into the water.

We got there Friday morning and went swimming all day.  Did a little body surfing, but was afraid I was going to lose my top.  Although, there were a few people there topless but I didn't want to be one of them.  Saturday we went into town to do some shopping.  On the way back there were too many of us in the cab, so I had to lie across everyone's lap so it looked like there were only 3 people in the back seat.  This was a 50 minute ride with no air-conditioning.  I almost got sick.  Sunday Craig, Corinne and I went snorkeling.  We saw starfish and many other beautiful, colorful things.  They saw an eel, but I didn't.  Craig also got stung by a jellyfish but he survived even though no one peeed on him.  On the way back into the bay, we saw a dolphin and it was jumping quite a bit.  It was very cool, but I still feel like I'm on a boat.  We had to leave for the airport at 7:00 this morning, so we had to get up early.  There was some stupid car in the parking lot whose car alarm went off for probably more than 4 hours last night (at least until 2:00a).  Elise was all freaking out and kept waking me up.  I finally told her I was going to do pillow therapy on her if she didn't leave me alone.  I guess that worked.  All in all it was a great trip.  The water was warm, the beaches were sandy and I got a great tan.  But I can't wait to get home tomorrow.  There's no place like home.
Stacia  "There's snakes in the water.  Want some weed?" 


No comments: